Saturday, November 21, 2009

Children's Literature Summaries

I am in my third semester of Grad School for Library Services at UHCL and am currently taking Children's Literature. This class has been by far my favorite since I am currently teaching 2nd grade Language Arts and I love to read! One of my assignments is to read 40 books and write a short summary of the books...not too hard when you are constantly reading as part of your job! Here you will find the summaries, broken up by award winners or genres. I hope you come across something you will enjoy bringing into your classroom, library, or home. Some of my favorites were Becoming Naomi Leon, The Perfect Nest, Number the Stars, The Stray Dog, The City of Ember, Old Bear, One Potato Two Potato, Olive's Ocean and The Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment