Wednesday, July 22, 2009







Thing 5 :Flickr



I have never used Flickr before in my teaching, I usually used pictures that I searched from the web. I know friends have used Flickr to share pics of thier kids. When I searched through Flickr I looked for geographic pictures. So many of our students don't get a chance to travel, so it's nice to show them real pictures of places and things that they learn about. I have a picture of Lake Tahoe, the Rocky Mountains, and a prarie...all geographic forms that students study in elementary.

2 comments:

  1. Melinda,
    That is a great idea. And it is true so many of my students have not traveled further than the beach in Galveston. So, Flickr really is a great way to open their eyes to the science and even social studies that they learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda,

    What a great idea to use Flickr for. There are a number of my students who have never traveled farther than the grocery store. They don't even know what mountains look like, much less places like the Grand Canyon, or the Redwoods. I never thought about using Flickr in this way. I will definitely share this idea with the teachers they work with. Thanks for your post.

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete