Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing 16

Wikis
I never really knew the true intention of use for wikispaces. Now I know it's for organizing, coordinating, and sharing a group's information. I think it would be an awesome idea for my second grade Language Arts team to plan for lessons on a Wiki, especially since we are always short on time. I loved Library2play's idea about students keeping notes on a Wiki... I'm thinking of doing something on Wiki with my students for Reader's WKSP. Something like keeping anchor charts on Wikis and allowing students to add on what they feel is important.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I had a similar idea for using wikis with reading response with my 8th graders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea for using WIKIs as a place where teachers can gather to create lesson plans! Me and my team were just discussing ways to do that yesterday! I will definitely suggest that once I figure out if the website is blocked or not!

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete