Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 20

Youtube and Teachertube
Youtube is one of my family's favorite websites. We love to search funny animal, baby, and wedding movies. We often view our favorite songs and videos. Lately we have been watching videos of Michael Jackson singing classics like ABC and Rockin' Robin. I don't know if I will be using Youtube as a teacher...it seems like alot of time and trouble to get to a video that is blocked.
I love having Teachertube as an alternative to Youtube. As I searched through Teachertube I found many movies featuring students. This website offers the perfect place for teachers and students to share their work. I searched for booktalks and didn't come up with much. I searched Guided Reading and found a very informative video about Guided Reading. Sharing videos is a great way for librarians to pass along information and help teachers. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment