Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 23 YAY!

Reflection of 23 Things

I am so glad I had the opportunity to work and play through Library2Play. I feel like I have learned so much about WEb 2.0 and some of the wonderful applications and programs it has to offer.


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

My favorite discoveries where Librarything.com and Photostory. I planned with my teammates yesterday and everyone agreed to have our students start a Librarything profile. I can't wait!

I look forward to using Photostory with my class as well. I also liked delicious.com. I like how I can collect and view my favorite sites from where ever.


How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I feel like I have really grown as a learner. I feel more confident now knowing so much more about web 2.0 applications. I feel like I am now better able to address the use of technology in my classroom.



Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was surprised at how much time Iwillingly put into the program. I would find myself working on the Things, and hours passing by.


If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

I wouldn't participate this year, I would wait till next summer. I feel like I have a head full of new knowledge!


How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activitities?

I have a new level of knowledge of web 2.0 that I know well make me a better teacher!

ImageChef Sketchpad - ImageChef.com


1 comment:

  1. Using Photostory with the kids is GREAT fun! The finished project is wonderful and it can be "finished" on many levels. What I mean by that is your quick and/or experienced kids can add of the bells and whistles, while the less experienced kids can complete the project in the same amount of time. My personal experience in assessing the work is to give the rubric ahead of time and give points for the required elements...the bells and whistles are great (and my kids were often able to teach me a thing or two!), but I do not get extra points for them. This way all learners are able to work at their own speed and not be penalized for being new to the technology or slower learners than others.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete